Saturday, November 13, 2010

Gwyneth Paltrow asked Beyonce for singing tips

Gwyneth Paltrow got performance tips from Beyonce ahead of her live singing debut.
The US actress admitted she "couldn't sleep" for nerves ahead of her appearance at the 44th Annual Country Music Awards (CMAs) in Tennessee on Wednesday (10.11.10) - but studying her A-list friends helped build her confidence ahead of performing the title track from her new film 'Country Strong'.
She told Access Hollywood: "I kind of asked my girl singer friends for advice. I asked Faith Hill a lot of questions - and Beyonce actually too.
"I studied Beyonce a lot and her concerts for her kind of confidence - and I'm lucky that I know some singers in real life."
Gwyneth's tips from Beyonce certainly paid off with the assembled crowd of country stars, who gave her a standing ovation at the end of her performance, which also saw her play guitar alongside country singer Vince Gill.
She also earned praise from country music luminaries, including CMA album of the year winner Miranda Lambert, who said: "She did a great job. It was awesome, she has a great voice."
Gwyneth - who is married to Coldplay singer Chris Martin - admitted earlier in the evening she'd had to calm her nerves with alcohol, saying: "I went to a great bar and I had a pint of Guinness. That's my new ritual. I'm feeling good!"

No comments:

Post a Comment