Saturday, November 13, 2010

I went through hell as a child, says Chidinma Ekile

Chidinma Ekile
There was nothing spectacular about her life before auditioning for Project Fame. She went in at the risk of losing one more year in her already delayed education. This Mass Communication hopeful turned household name, Chidinma Ekile, speaks in this interview of her tough upbringing, her staying power in the Project fame West Africa Season 3 competition, and on how life has changed for her. This 22-year- old tough, power house singer is the first female to win the competition.
What went wrong with your first appearance on Project Fame stage. Why did you have a faulty start?
It was stage fright simply because it was our first show. Again everybody around me had one form of musical experience or the other. Before I went up, I was shaking all over.
Tell me a little about growing up?
Growing up wasn’t so easy. I grew up in Ketu, Lagos. I have six siblings and I’m the last. We all sing. I didn’t have everything I wanted as a child but it was comfortable enough. Both parents are from Imo state. I had both primary and secondary education in Ketu. I was almost writing my Post_UME when I went for project fame. My intention was to continue my education when I came back from Project Fame.
What gave you such courage to abandon school for a talent hunt that you weren’t sure of your chances?
I didn’t have so much experience in music. I was just a church singer. I merely gave Project Fame a try.
So how practical has returning to academics been since winning?

Read more:http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/11/i-went-through-hell-as-a-child-says-chidinma-ekile/

No comments:

Post a Comment