Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Ben Bruce story

 Ben Bruce
My success is driven by passion to make history
By Ogbonna Amadi, Entertainment Editor and  Lolade Sowoolu
What started off with a capital of N20, 000 has today grown into an empire worth
several billions in Naira.
This is the story of Benedict Murray-Bruce, the starry eyed youth with the lofty dream of becoming the number entertainment company in the world.
Thirty years after he ventured into entertainment business, the Silverbird group has grown  to become a conglomerate.
As the group celebrates thirty years of business we asked the Akassa, Bayelsa born business administration graduate of  University of Southern California if he has realised his dream to be number one in the world.
This is his story
How has the journey been in 30 years?
It’s been fun and its being great. I’ve had a great time and I’m grateful to Nigerians for the support even all across Africa over the last 30 years.
Have you been able to actualise the dream?
No, not yet.
What is the dream?
For me, my greatest dream would be wealth creation in the entertainment industry. It would be for me to see artistes, producers, directors dominate the economy of Nigeria; that is my dream. If I did that in my life time, then my work will not be in vain.
And have been some of the challenges?
The challenge is being in an economy that at a time did not appreciate the art.

READ MORE: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/10/the-ben-bruce-story/

No comments:

Post a Comment