Saturday, October 30, 2010

Denrele gay story: Charley Boy reacts

Charly Boy and Denrele
Since the picture of Denrele and Charley Boy kissing started circulating on the Internet, a lot of people have been debating and asking if both personalities are lovers indeed.

But as the picture has raised so much talk, his Royal Punkness, Charley Boy, is having a ball, not caring about what is being said.

In fact, he told Life and Beat that he was the one that released the picture. “But you should know that I’m a hype master. We were shooting some of our pictures when I called Denrele and told him I was going to kiss him. I called the cameraman and told him to take the shot,” he said.

CB, as he is fondly called, said people should continue talking about him as he didn’t care about the controversy the picture has raised.

“See now, am I not making their lives exciting? Now I have relieved them of their boredom by giving them something to talk about. Let them continue,” he said.

CB says he is an artiste, as such, any moves he makes should be allowed.

“I’m trying to make people see beyond the picture. People are busy talking about it,” says CB. “You have to have confidence in yourself and be real. Nobody can claim to know me better than myself. The picture was designed to shock timid Nigerians who have chosen to reason like that.

“I came out with a nude picture and it shocked people. People should focus on things that are good, focus on the strength and not the weakness. Don’t focus on the hype and trivialities. Focus on things that are profound.”

CB says he is out to change lives.

With his Battle of the Gifted, the Area Fada has made an impact in the lives of many Nigerian youths.

“I organise a debate for youths in secondary schools in Abuja, where they come to the Punk Palace, not only for the debate but also for quiz, drama and dance. I was in Ibadan the other day for Dreams Come True competition, which was organised by Jazzy B. The Charley Boy Foundation gave a cash prize of close to one million naira to the winners.

“I’m not claiming to be a saint, but I always tell people to look beyond the ordinary. A lot of people have come to realise that the picture was just a stunt. Some others are of the view that I should have pulled another kind of stunt but how does it look like? Am I not an artiste?”


Source:http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20101030148632

No comments:

Post a Comment