Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Brit fan's shock at winning Jay-Z treasure hunt

Decoded is out in November and there are more pages left to find
British Jay-Z fan Eddie Smith has told BBC Radio 1Xtra of his shock at winning a treasure hunt set by the rapper.
To launch his memoirs Jay-Z has set a scavenger hunt where pages from his book are hidden in New York, London, Las Vegas and Los Angeles.
Fans can join in online from around the world but Brit Smith was actually in New York when he found the page.
Smith admits at first he just wanted to take photos of fans trying to find the page.
He says: "I decided as I'm a tourist I'll go and take some pictures as it'll be cool to take home.
"I didn't know I'd end up and up be the first person ever to actually find a page in the whole world."
Business tips
He won a trip to Miami to meet Jay-Z himself: "I got to the hotel and no one was giving me any information.
"The next thing I know I'm standing next to Jay-Z and he's asking me a million and one questions."
Smith got to spend time chatting to the rapper and he had business tips for him: "I had 20 minutes of time with Jay-Z.
"We sat down and he told me certain things, how to conduct yourself in business and so on and so forth and a bit of advice."
Smith also got the page he found signed and framed: "I joked to Jay-Z that I was going to sell it to pay for my kids college fund.
"But he gave me this look that said 'If you're going to sell that page after all this I'm gonna get you."

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/11610499

No comments:

Post a Comment