Friday, October 22, 2010

Comedy apart, Mr. Latin is a car dealer

Mr. Latin

An encounter with popular comedian, Bolaji Amusan, known as Mr. Latin, reveals a lot about his family and other business, reports Aishat Jimoh. “I am Otunba Bolaji Amusan,” the popular comedian chooses to introduce himself. But despite the fact that he does not call himself what many lovers of the home video know him to be - Mr. Latin - he still evokes laughter, the way he does in movies.

He also does not look like one who lost his mother a few days before the encounter with this correspondent.

The actor born on October 15, 1966, who hails from Gbongan, in Osun State, says that at home, he is a contrast to what he represents in films.

He states, “I am a serious father, a loving husband and a no nonsense man. My personality at home is different from what I do in the entertainment world.

“You can see Kanu Nwankwo or Jay Jay Okocha as footballers but you cannot see them playing football with their wives or on the streets. These men are footballers on the field but at home, they are responsible husbands and fathers.”

Perhaps, because of his hilarious nature, it is difficult to know when he is serious. But he submits that he is a poor man in spite of the fame and honour acting has brought him.

To boost his finances, he discloses, he travels to Europe and other parts of the world to buy cars which he sells in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital, where he lives.

“I travel abroad to buy cars and other things that are resalable in Nigeria.” Mr. Latin says.

Interestingly, Mr. Latin recorded his most embarrassing moment during one of his trips to England.

According to him, “I was in a bank and they asked me to identify myself because I forgot my PIN. The woman attending to me asked, ‘How could you forget your PIN number?’ And I said, ‘Of course, I have many bank accounts and several ATM cards. So it is possible for me to forget. So when she asked for my identification, I produced my driving licence.”

Read more: http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20101020011129

No comments:

Post a Comment