Saturday, October 2, 2010

Bombings affected my head and ears – Miguel Julien, eyewitness


 It appears that you are waiting for somebody here?

My colleague is one of those receiving treatment in the hospital.

Your colleague? What is his name?

He is Raul Carbonell?

Was he involved in the bomb blast?

Yes. He was injured on the knee and he is being treated inside.

So you witnessed the explosion?

Yes. I was there with my colleague. We were only a little away from where the bombs exploded from the car.

Who are you and why were you there?

We are balloon pilots. Three of us were brought in from Spain to fly the giant balloons for the anniversary celebration. We flew the three giant balloons for the anniversary.

Do you live in the country?

No. We came in from Spain to fly the balloons. We came on Sept. 16.

Where are you staying? Are you staying at the Transcorp Hilton?

No. We are staying in Maitama. We are staying with our boss who brought us to the country?

What is his name?

His name is Ademola Ifabiti.

There is blood on your arm. Were you also injured by the explosion?

Yes. But it is very little as you can see. The explosion affected my head and my ears. I have a pain in the head. But, it is my colleague that sustained injury on his knee. I think he has a metal in his knee. He is being treated inside.

So why are you not close to where he is being treated?

No. It is because I don’t want to be close to cars and people.

How do you mean you don’t want to be near cars?

You know that the explosions are coming from cars. The first explosion occurred. It did not injure many people. When people heard the loud bang and they were rushing to the scene, the second car bomb exploded. It was the second one that affected many people.

Source: http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201010024314789

No comments:

Post a Comment