Saturday, October 23, 2010

T.I sued for not playing at jail release party

Rapper T.I. during the game between the Miami Heat and the Atlanta Hawks at Philips Arena

Carl Davis has filed a lawsuit in Alabama District Court claiming he lost his life savings when he agreed to put up money for a Birmingham comeback performance by T.I. (a.k.a. Clifford Joseph Harris Jr.), who was in prison on a weapons charge.
According to the complaint, Davis allegedly entered into an agreement for T.I.'s performance with Jervon Morgan, who represented himself as T.I.'s first cousin, liaison and agent.
Morgan is then said to have introduced Davis to Jason Geter, the CEO of Grand Hustle LLC, who presented a written agreement whereby the concert promoter would pay $50,000 to a bank account controlled by T.I.
Davis says he made the payments even though the defendants, including T.I., Morgan, and Geter, "concealed the fact from Davis that artist T.I. was on probation, on three years of supervised release and under home confinement as a condition of his plea agreement."

Read more: http://www.timeslive.co.za/entertainment/music/article722557.ece/T.I-sued-for-not-playing-at-jail-release-party

No comments:

Post a Comment