Sunday, October 3, 2010

I kept my leukaemia a secret. I am Big Ed and I didn't want to be seen as sick or vulnerable

Literary agent Ed Victor was diagnosed with a cancer of the blood called CLL - chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (above with client Nigella Lawson)
Literary agent Ed Victor went for a routine medical on September 9, 1999, which, he says wryly, was 'to celebrate my 60th birthday'.
The burly American was told that his white blood cell count was elevated, indicating either a healthy response to a mild infection or white blood cells being overwhelmed by millions of inactive ones  -  a sign of leukaemia.
It turned out to be the latter. However, Ed  -  arguably the world's leading literary agent with a client list that includes Nigella Lawson, Frederick Forsyth, Sophie Dahl and the rock band U2  -  says that he had no idea what a raised blood count might mean and was not alarmed.


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1317133/I-kept-leukaemia-secret-I-Big-Ed-I-didnt-want-seen-sick-vulnerable.html

No comments:

Post a Comment